Please contact Mr. Edwards if you have any question.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS & PARENTS
- What is Marching Band?
- Benefits of band in HS for parents
- Benefits of band in HS for students
- Why FVHS band for 8th graders?
- Retrospective of previous FVHS Marching Bands
2019-20 NEW MEMBER INFORMATION
- New Member Packet (2019)
- Color Guard Members Registration Packet ( Coming Soon )
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO BBFV
Even though our website is FVHS Band our organization is named Band Boosters of Fuquay Varina.
2019 - 2020 Marching Band Assessments May Be Submitted By 4 Methods
- Turn the payment in at the FVHS band room in person (Option not available in June and July when school is closed and option 2,3 or 4 must be used):
- Put your payment in a regular business envelope and seal.
- Write your child's name and reason for the payment (e.g., Marching Band assessment) on the outside of the envelope.
- Go to the FVHS band room and look at the large computer cart at the front of the room. Find the large white lockbox. Put your envelope in the slot at the top of this "White Box".
- Mail check to: BBFV, Attn: Jeff Hovey, 4120 Hampton Park Way, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526. Please place child's name and payment assessment number in memo section. ***Please do not submit postdated checks***
- Contact BBFV's treasurer ( Jeffrey Hovey ) to arrange for student credit (earned via fundraisers or over payment) to be applied to marching band assessments/ or scholarship.
- PayPal. -Log into PayPal.
Enter “email@example.com” when prompted for “Send money to anyone”. Click “Next”.
Enter the payment amount as prompted. PayPal will automatically add a small service charge to this amount at checkout.
Under “add a note” type write your child’s name and “2019 MB payment #__” on the check. For example, write “John Smith MB payment #2” or “John Smith MB payment #3”. The May payment is payment #1. The June payment is payment #2 and so on.
2019 Marching Band Assessments (payment via cash & check) *Payment 1 is non-refundable
Please contact treasurer with any payment questions you may have.
The payment plan amounts for 2019-2020 are as follows:
Payment 1 (non-refundable) - April 12
Payment 2 - May 15
Payment 3 - June 15
Payment 4 - July 15
Payment 5 - August 15
Payment 6 - September 15
Please continue to make your monthly assessment payments. The amounts are listed below:
Veteran full-fare monthly payment = $61
Veteran scholarship monthly payment = $34
Veteran sibling monthly payment = $29
1st year (rookie) full-fare monthly payment = $73
Rookie scholarship monthly payment = $45
Rookie sibling monthly payment = $41
I said I would like to know more about the scholarship program in my online registration. How does this work?
Jeff Hovey, our band booster treasurer, will reach out to you with information about the requirements of the scholarship program and a contract. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
What’s the status of the move to Willow Spring campus, band camp, instrument check-out, etc?
We will have band camp on the Willow Spring campus. The dates are in the attached handout for your convenience. This is the same info I handed out earlier this spring. There are no changes to dates or times.
I do not know for sure when I will be able to check out instruments for the summer. I should be able to check out instruments from the Willow Spring band room by July 1 based on the latest info from FVHS and WCPSS administrators. I’ll email again once I have 100% confirmation of a date and time for instrument check-out.
I am eager to make those instruments available so everyone, and especially our rookies, can get ready for marching band! Thank you for your patience as I have to go by what information I am given from WCPSS on this. I wish I could give you more specifics. I will update you once I am have more specifics.
When will we get more info about band camp?
I will email an info packet in early July that contains all sorts of details - information about the marching band show, instrument check-out, supplies needed for band camp and much more. I want to send out completed information all at once if possible so we don’t have bits of information spread out over multiple emails during the summer. I hope that approach will make it easier for you to keep track of what’s going on. For now, the most important thing is to clear the camp dates on your family calendar. I usually send all this out MUCH sooner but the uncertainty surrounding the specifics of the Willow Spring move has delayed both my planning and communication about marching band.
Everything IS going to to happen - we will get moved, we will have band camp and a great show, the band members will have an exciting and memorable 2019 season! The only thing I don’t know right now is exactly WHEN I can give you all the details about instruments and getting into the new facility. This is new territory for all of us at FVHS. Thank you for your patience!