MARCHING BAND INFORMATION
Please contact Mr. Edwards if you have any questions.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS & PARENTS
- What is Marching Band?
- Benefits of band in HS for parents
- Benefits of band in HS for students
- Why FVHS band for 8th graders?
- Retrospective of previous FVHS Marching Bands
2020-2021 NEW MEMBER INFORMATION
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO BBFV (Band Boosters of Fuquay-Varina)
2020 - 2021 Marching Band Assessments May Be Submitted By These Methods
DUE TO SCHOOL CLOSURE FOR COVID-19, YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS FOR PAYMENT:
Option 1: Mail a check payable to BBFV to:
Jeff Hovey, BBFV Treasurer
4120 Hampton Park Way
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
Option 2: Pay electronically by PayPal (paypal.com).
- Go to paypal.com and create an account if you don't already have one. Log into your account.
- At the PayPal landing page, choose the "Send & Request" option at the top of the browser window.
- The default option is to send money.
- You'll see a data-entry box at the middle of the window with "Name, email or phone number" in it. Click on this box. Enter "email@example.com".
- A new window with "Band Boosters of Fuquay-Varina Inc." and "$0.00" near the top. Click the $0.00 text. Type the amount you want to send. There are no fees within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of your PayPal balance and bank account. We recommend using this option.
- Using the “Paying for goods and services” adds a small processing fee. If you are using the credit card associated with your PayPal account, you can only use the “Paying for goods and services” option.
- Payment 1 for veterans is $92.00. Payment 1 for rookies is $100.00.
- Click the "Add a note" text. Enter "2020 marching band payment 1 for <student name>". Type your child's name in place of <student name>. Then click next. On the next screen change the option from “Paying for goods and services” to “Sending to friends and family”.
Option 3: AVAILABLE ONLY WHEN SCHOOL IS OPEN - turn the payment in at the FVHS band room in person:
- Put your payment in a regular business envelope and seal.
- Write your child's name and reason for the payment (e.g., Marching Band assessment) on the outside of the envelope.
- Go to the FVHS band room and look at the large computer cart at the front of the room. Find the large white lockbox. Put your envelope in the slot at the top of this "White Box".
2020 Marching Band Assessments (payment via cash & check) *Payment 1 is non-refundable
Please contact treasurer with any payment questions you may have.
The payment plan due dates for 2020-2021 are as follows:
Payment 1 (non-refundable) - May 1
Payment 2 - June 1
Payment 3 - July 1
Payment 4 - August 1
Payment 5 - September 1
Payment 6 - October 1
Please continue to make your monthly assessment payments. The amounts are listed below:
Veteran full-fare monthly payment = 1-5 $92, payment 6 $89
Veteran scholarship monthly payment = 1-5 $53, payment 6 $49
Veteran sibling monthly payment = 1-5 $44, payment 6 $41
1st year (rookie) full-fare monthly payment = 1-5 $100, payment 6 $99
Rookie scholarship monthly payment = 1-5 $61, payment 6 $59
Rookie sibling monthly payment = 1-5 $52, payment 6 $51
I indicated I would like to know more about the scholarship program in my online registration. How does this work?
Jeff Hovey, our band booster treasurer, will reach out to you with information about the requirements of the scholarship program and a contract. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.